Monday, July 13, 2015

Przepraszam pana, jaki jest ważność rodziny? (Week 19)

Alright, well sadly I forgot my planner at home so my details for this week might be a little shaky. So we can start with Tuesday... on Tuesday we had to get up early because Elder Mulder had to go to Warsaw to get an Xray (he broke his foot last transfer) and get his cast off. Unfortunately the other Elders failed to inform us of this so we got a call at 5 in the morning saying we had to go the Dworzec to pick up Elder Jackson his comp. We walk outside and it was probably the heaviest rain storm I have ever seen. Like trees blowing over type of deal. We finally get to the Dworzec soaking wet them pick up Elder Jackson and go back home. We later find out we could have woken up at 630 like normal because the train didn't leave for about 2 hours because trees fell down in the Tracks.

We went studies normally and got all that done, then we had to go to the Chapel to pick up Sister Herrera. This was because Sister Holden is a Sister Training Leader and they were having a meeting with president and the ZLs in our chapel so we had to hang out with Sister Herrara. So we had a 4 missionary companionship for about an hour and a half. All we did was go buy pizza for the people in the Meeting, then go right back and eat pizza with President, the Zls and the APs. That was fun because President also did Interviews.

I feel really bad because I cannot remember a lot of what we did the rest of the week. I do remember that on Saturday we had to stay in the Apartment in the morning until about 14 (2pm) because Elder Owens was having back issues, which have since gone away. That was no fun, but I learned some more polish so it was kinda beneficial.

I started contacting people by talking about their families. Its actually really funny because the conversations go like:

Me: "Hello, my friend and I are talking with everyone today about families... What is your family like?"
Them: "I have a brother and a ......"
Me: "Awesome, would you say family is important?"
Them: "Of course!"
Me: "Well, god thinks so too. He also has given us prophets....."

Then I start talking about the Gospel. Its funny to me because I change the subject completely away from Families to talk about Prophets which leads into the Restoration. But it is so much more effective because talking about family makes people warm up really quickly.

Speaking of which, we were in the Park on Saturday and I started talking to this old man. i asked him "What does family mean to you?", He said "Its a man and a woman, and maybe some kids" to which I responded, "That's beautiful, but really. Family, what does it really mean?" He sat there for a couple minutes then threw up his hands a said "I have no idea, I'm no philosopher." Then sat there and talked about how Mormons have a hospital in Salt Lake. I wasn't quite sure why he was talking about that. I thought the conversation was pretty funny though.

Alright, that's about it for this week.

Do Widzenia, kocham was!
-Starszy Everett

[Note: the title of this post translates as "Excuse me sir, what is the meaning of family?"]

No comments:

Post a Comment