Monday, June 29, 2015

"Oh, yep... That's our train" (Week 17)

Witam wszyscy!

And there goes my first transfer in country. Went by quick. Well, I guess I can start off by saying that I am staying in Krakow another transfer, thank goodness. I don't ever want to leave, a couple weeks ago I thought it would be cool to see other parts of Poland, but the members here are so cool and they are all my best friends. My companion is Elder Owens from Kansas. He is a little over a year into his mission, he is about an inch or so taller than me, however much bigger than me overall. I decided to give him the big bed. I lucked out again because he is a fantastic chef, so I will be eating well at least another transfer.

So this last week has probably been a record so far for my mission. It is fairly normal for people to set up with us then not show up to meetings. But this last week took the cake. For the past 9 lessons that we had scheduled, a grand total of 0 of them came. This is particularly annoying because we like to schedule meetings back to back so when one guy didn't come we had to sit at the chapel/contact around the chapel for like an hour until our next appointment. If I have one thing to say in this email, it is this: always follow through on your commitments, flaky people are the most annoying thing in the world.

But on the other hand, our investigators are doing well. We still have Daniel and Marcin as our main investigators. Sadly Daniel is going out of town in the next couple of weeks because finals just finished and he will be gone for a month or two. We are still working on getting them to church but sadly it is hard to get students to come to church because most of them leave town on the weekends to go visit family.

So as far as other Transfers go this time, every companionship changed. The other Elders are Elder Jackson and Elder Mulder, which is cool because Elder Mulder came from my MTC group and Elder Jackson is freaking awesome so they will kill it. Then Sister Herrera came to join Sister Holden.

Last weekend Saturday and Sunday we had a big old mission conference. But it was special because it was the 25th anniversary of the mission in Poland. All the members from the whole country were invited and there were cool talks and we saw all the missionaries in the whole mission. We had Elder Adler come in to town for this, he is an area seventy. It was really good, Also my polish is getting to the point where when people give talks in church I can actually understand what they are saying for the most part. So I understood what they were talking about. It was really cool in Elder Adlers address on Sunday. He is German so while he was talking about how far Poland has come in 25 years he got a little teared up when talking about what the German people did to Warsaw (destroyed it). It was actually a really powerful talk.

Okay so my title is from yesterday. we had a train to Krakow and our whole district made it except Elder Owens and I. We missed by like 2 minutes. Luckily it was kinda good that we did because it ended up working out that we were able to give the office elders some vital credit cards that we wouldn't have been able to get them otherwise. Also we got to ride first class on an express train to Krakow, so it was nice.

Alright, that's it for this week.
Do Zobaczenia!

-Starszy Everett

No comments:

Post a Comment