Monday, September 21, 2015

First Week In Łódź (Week 29)



Saying goodbye to companions
Well, this has been a pretty crazy week. The first half of the week was filled with contacting, we went to Nowa Huta a lot trying to get some solid investigators out there. Sadly Kraków does not have a very deep teaching pool, so we were working on that.


On Wednesday we had our Mission Conference. President Kearon who is a Seventy and president over the Europe area, came and spoke with us, he talked about a couple really cool things. First was about how we should not call Investigators such, we should start calling them friends like they do in France. So now when we introduce people in church we should say, "Hey Brat ... come meet our new friend ...." instead of using Zainteresowany (literally intrested) we use Kolega/Koleżanka. He also talked about how morning make or break a day. We need to use our morning hours productively because if we don't it puts a bad vibe on the whole rest of the day.
Selfie at train station. Traveling alone is strange.
So like is referenced in my subject line, I am in Łódź now. Yesterday during the 3rd hour of church I got a call from President Edgren basically saying "I've put this whole thing on the backburner too long, can you get on a train tomorrow and go to Łódź?" So of course I said yes. I had about 18 hours or so from the time he told me to when I left Kraków, so I missed saying goodbye to some people which is sad, but the Lord needs me somewhere else right now so It will be okay. Wszystko będzie dobrzy!

My companion Elder Guthrie is super cool, he has about a month left of his mission and we are going to go out with a bang. I'm excited to get to work and I know he is too. He was in a trio, but for the last week they were both in bed sick with a fever so they were not able to go out and work. Luckily now, they both woke up this morning feeling great, and all of Łódź is ready to go!

The new apartment in Lodz
So I'll share my travel experience it wasn't really anything special but it happened so here goes: I got up at 6:00 to finish packing then got a train at 8:16, it was hard saying goodbye to my companions because they are awesome. Elders Jackson and Vance are definitely two of my best friends. I had about a 3.5 hour train ride to Łódź Widzew which is a train station on the outskirts of the city, then I had to switch trains to come into centrum. It was super weird because I was alone the whole time, so I was just walking around by myself. It was a strange feeling not to have a companion. I got into Łódź around noon or something then we went to the apartment, went and got my bus ticket, then went and got Naleśniki (crepes) with the district. PRetty good day so far.

I'm running out of time for today unfortunately so I'm going to half to cut this weeks email a little short, sorry!

Love you all!
-Elder Everett

No comments:

Post a Comment