Monday, December 7, 2015

"What even is the church in America" -Elder Jeffs (Week 39)



HELLO!!

Unfortunately we are running extremely low on time right now, so I only have time for a short email!

We started the week off with an exchange with Elders Wynne and Torres, I was with Elder Wynne in our apartment which was really cool. It was strange being with him, because he was my trainer and everything. It felt like tables were turned a little bit haha.

Other than that, we are meeting with some cool people. A man named Emmanuel accepted a baptismal date for the 9th of January, so that will be cool. He is from Africa and his native language is French, I sure wish I had studied better in high school now! I might be able to actually communicate with him in french.

Since this email is so short I'll share a little bit of a spiritual though, along with the quote from Elder Jeffs that is my subject line. He said this during a conversation we were having about the church here. Its crazy because here the church is so small, and sometimes does not function very well, but the foundations of the gospel still hold strong. The church is built upon the rock of revelation, and because of that we know that everything in the church is inspired, and that it comes from a divine source. Even though surface level imperfections may arise, in the core we are rooted in the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Love you tons!
-Elder Everett

No comments:

Post a Comment