Monday, August 24, 2015

Transfer Unknown (Week 25)

Alright, well first day of the new transfer and I'm feeling great! You all probably want to know what's going on this transfer, where I am/who I'm with. Simply put, I don't know yet. There are some factors that need to be resolved, and there is about a 50/50 chance of me staying in Kraków. If I do stay I will be at the other apartment, so my address is going to be different. If I leave I will be going to Łódź to serve with Elder Guthrie, and this is going to be his last transfer of his mission so that will be fun. If I stay I am serving with Elder Vance who is awesome, he is in his 5th transfer so 2 ahead of me, but his Polish is amazing. Its going to be an awesome transfer either way.

This past week has been a really interesting one. So Elder Jackson has been in Warsaw all week doing some business so Elder Mulder, Owens, and I were in a three-o all week almost. It was kinda fun, but also strange because being in a tri-panionship is very strange. It is hard to contact people with 3 of us, especially when I am the shortest person in the group. So we did a lot of Solo contacting and tracting, we would knock separate doors while tracting. So that went on Monday night through Thursday night.

Actually funny story from that whole deal. So we went on a split with Elder Dalton on Wednesday because we had 2 appointments at the same time. Elder Mulder and Elder Dalton hung out at the chapel waiting on a lesson while Elder Owens and I went to this guy Tadeusz's restaurant. He owns a Spanish restaurant off the Rynek. We met him and it came out that he is mostly interested in the Missionaries and not in the Gospel so we probably won't go back, but as we were packing up to go Elder Dalton and Mulder showed up and we sat back down. He ended up feeding us this really tasty pasta for free. It was pretty sweet.

So on Thursday I went up to Warsaw for Legal work. I went up around 18:00 on Thursday and got back at about 13:00 on Friday, it was fun because I got to stay at the Office Elder's apartment with Elder Jackson because he was still up there. We had some good times and got my legal work done so now I am a legal resident here. Then on Friday elder Jackson and I hopped a train down to Kraków and we got back and did missionary work.

We actually had a lesson that evening with this really cool guy named Piotr. He showed up in church last week and said he is currently attending different Christian churches to try and find one that is true. Before our meeting on Friday he had typed out and brought us a list of about 13 questions he had about Mormons titled "Pytań do mormonów -- dla Evereta" Its funny because poles will case my name sometimes, not all of them do but they will say things like "this is for Starszego Evereta" "I am with Starszym Everetem" "We're talking about Starszym Everecie" "Give this to Starszemu Everetowi" Its fun. But we basically answered Piotr's questions and taught a little about the Book of Mormon.

Then on Saturday we got out transfer calls and found out that the South apartment (my old apartment) is getting closed... So we had the whole district come down to the apartment and help clean the walls. Walls here get super dirty because they burn a lot of coal in the winters. The corners of the walls were pretty much pitch black.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that Kraków lost a set of Elders. We now just have 1 set of Elders, 1 set of Sisters, and the Senior couple. Kinda sad, but that's what happens when no new missionaries get called to Poland. There is 1 elder coming today, maybe 2 or 3 next transfer and after that I don't know. But we are losing a lot more than that. It's pretty annoying. But yeah Szczecin, Warsaw II, and Kraków all lost a pair of elders this transfer.

But on a happier note, yesterday was awesome! I dropped off my companion at the train station then basically sat around for like 10 minutes because the other elders and the sisters took forever to bring Sister Holden's luggage to the Dworzec (train station) so I just pretty much walked up and down the platform until they got there. It was strange because that was the first time except for while on a train that I have not had a companion... strange. Yeah, so we finished dropping people off and picking our companions up then went and contacted. It was pretty fun, we taught a lot of people and got a lot of Potentials. I enjoyed it.

So yeah, that's my week in short. Love you all and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment